Monday 29 August 2011

Day Twentyfour

On my last day in Barcelona I actually woke up earlier than my alarm for once. I finished packing, called a taxi and got to the airport in record timing. I got to check in early enough to choose my seat on the plane! Then I just hung around the airport until it was time to board the plane.

And that was my last day in beautiful Barcelona.

My flight to Doha was alright, I spent my time listening to music but after a while a child started screaming and wouldn't stop. I got a bad headache and decided to sleep it off. I woke up as we were flying over Kandahar, Afghanistan. Then I fell asleep again and woke up as the plane was about to land.

In Doha airport I kept mainly to the duty free area to spend the rest of my riyals! 65 riyals (about AUD$20) is too much money to take for two hour-long stopovers at the airport, considering one bottle of water costs 3 riyals and a meal (from what I saw) cost around 10 riyals. I did get something nice from duty free though so no complaints.

My next flight was the real long haul one, 13 hours from Doha to Melbourne. I slept half of the flight, and the spent the rest listening to music and reading. I watched a version of the film Water for Elephants that was edited by Qatar Airways for "flight viewing" and had all the violence, sex and swearing cut out. As always, the food was excellent.

And now I'm home! Short and sweet description of my day. It's good to be home but I miss everything about being away, staying somewhere new, the beautiful weather and being with the best people. I'll make another post later on with a little summary of my absolute favourite parts of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment